Hoses - Radiator & Heater
Don't lose your cool with the great range of heater hose, radiator hose and coolant hose options at Repco
Whether stuck in traffic or miles from anywhere, not much incites more dread than watching the temperature gauge climb due to a malfunctioning cooling system. From there, it is only a matter of time before a coolant hose bursts and leaves you stranded. Save yourself the headache and the costly bills by replacing the heater and radiator hoses when showing signs of age with the great range from Repco. Stocking the best brands from Gates, Mackay, Dayco, and Goss mean we have the tried and tested hose range to suit your vehicle.
Popular Questions Asked
What are the signs your coolant hoses need replacing?
Whilst your upper radiator hose and lower radiator hose are the most prominent in your engine bay, any coolant hose may need replacement over time. Your radiator and hoses play an important role in managing coolant flow. All coolant hoses play an important part in your cooling system and can become perished, worn out and brittle over time. It is important to do regular checks of your engine bay to ensure you prevent these issues, however, this can be difficult at times due to their location in your engine bay.
If you notice any of the below symptoms, it is important to get a replacement coolant hose to ensure no further damage is caused to other components within your engine.
- Engine overheating - this is an indication that something within your cooling system isn't working properly and needs attention. Having a worn-out radiator hose that is causing coolant leaks can lead to overheating. If you notice your car is overheating, it is worthwhile inspecting your engine and seeing if you can locate the cause of the overheating.
- Low coolant levels - you will notice via the coolant light on your car or alternatively via looking at the coolant reservoir. A variety of reasons can cause this, however, it is usually caused by a leak within the system, such as your radiator hoses. If you notice low levels of coolant, it is important to work out which hose it is coming from and replace it, it might be worthwhile to replace both radiator hoses simultaneously.
- Coolant fluid leaks - this goes hand in hand with low coolant levels if you see a puddle of coolant where you park or smell coolant while driving. This indicates that there is coolant leaking from your system, it may be small, to begin with, but holes can grow rapidly. If you notice this examine your cooling system and find a replacement hose for your vehicle if that is the root of the cause.
- Spongy and swollen radiator hoses - cars should be checked and serviced regularly to ensure your vehicles are running at their full capacity. During your regular checks, if you notice your radiator hoses being spongy or swollen, it indicates they could bust when you are driving your vehicle. This is due to the hoses being brittle and old, therefore, if you notice this, it is best to replace your hoses as soon as possible.
Besides all the above symptoms, the most common cause of a failed radiator hose is electrochemical degradation (ECD), which is caused by a chemical reaction that makes the coolant within the hose attack the hose which therefore weekends the hose which is why you can get holes and cracks within your radiator hoses.
How much does it cost to replace a radiator hose?
Prices can vary on a lot of factors depending on if you're getting a bottom or top hose, both, and the car you drive. When it comes to getting a replacement hose, contact your local Repco store or jump online to get a price on how much a replacement hose will be.
What are the 2 different radiator hoses?
Your vehicle will commonly have two hoses connected to your radiator, an upper radiator hose and a lower radiator hose. These hoses can come in different shapes, sizes and lengths, and you cannot swap the two hoses.
What quality does Repco offer when it comes to radiator hoses?
When it comes time to replace your radiator hose, quality and reliability are crucial to ensure your cooling system is at its peak. When it comes to your vehicle, we ensure you are getting the best quality at the best price. Repco offers long-lasting, reliable replacements manufactured to meet and exceed OEM specifications and guidelines.
Our range of radiator hose features:
- Engineered to resist electrochemical degradation.
- Manufactured from high quality rubber to help with longevity.
- Resistance to ozone, heat and chemicals.
Shop with Repco to find the right radiator hose and clamps today
Here at Repco, we offer a large range of radiator hoses to ensure you can get exactly what you need under the one roof. Whether you need a radiator hose for your race car, daily drive or project car, we can cater to your needs. We also have an impressive range of cooling parts and accessories, from drive belts, hose clamps, radiator caps and water pumps. Make Repco your first choice for competitive prices, quality and reliable cooling system parts.