Drive Belt Tensioners
Leading range of drive belt tensioners
Keeping your drive belt tensioner in good shape should be a top priority for any vehicle owner. Over time all drive belt system components wear together, and as a result, they need to be replaced together to ensure that your vehicle's drive belt system performs as intended. Here at Repco, we have reputable brands to provide you with quality from Gates, Dayco, Swag, SKF, and INA.
Popular Questions Asked
What does a belt tensioner do?
A belt tensioner is a vital part of the belt drive system, in that it maintains the correct tension amount on the belt at all times. This is important to have functioning properly as it helps protect other components on your vehicles, such as your water pump and alternator.
What are the symptoms of a bad drive belt tensioner?
When the time comes to look for a replacement for your drive belt tensioner, you may notice a number of different symptoms, these include:
- The check engine light or check battery light - this is a symptom that can occur due to having a loose belt caused by a bad belt tensioner. The light will appear, indicating that there is a problem that needs to be resolved within the engine bay. This will occur due to the pulleys not circulating, therefore, cannot charge the alternator, water pump and power steering system won't be working properly. Depending on your vehicle, a battery light can appear, however, not all cars have a battery light, therefore, you may only see the check engine light.
- Belt tensioner noise - you will hear a rattling or squeaking noise coming from the belt tensioner. This is usually caused due to the belt slipping on the pulleys. If you notice this noise, a replacement tensioner may be needed for your vehicle.
- High temperature - this is another indication that the belt is loose due to the belt tensioner not performing correctly. High temperatures will occur as the pulley can no longer drive the water pump, therefore, the flow of water will not circulate properly through the radiator causing high temperatures.
- Heavy steering - this will not occur in all cars as most cars run different power steering systems. For cars that run a hydraulic power steering system, you may experience heavy steering if your belts are not tensioned properly. This is due to the pulley not circulating, therefore, your power steering system cannot pump the fluid around.
If you have any of the above signs, don't waste time, get into your local store today to find a replacement drive belt tensioner for your vehicle.
How much does it cost to replace your belt tensioner?
Belt tensioners are vehicle-specific, therefore, the price will depend on which vehicle you drive. Get in contact with your local Repco store for a price and availability.
Quality brought to you by Repco, stocking the best when it comes to belt tensioners
When it comes to looking for a replacement belt tensioner, you are in the right place. Here at Repco, we strive to provide you with the best quality, leaving you with reliable parts that go the distance. Our drive belt tensioners are manufactured to meet and exceed the OEM specifications and guidelines.
Our value-orientated belt tensioners will leave your car performing to its best capabilities. It pays to invest in quality, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a broken-down car.
Our range of belt tensioners feature:
- High strength for greater wear resistance
- Round spring construction to provide ample room for compression
- Eliminates noisy worn pulleys
- Low vibration for longer belt life.
Find the right replacement belt tensioner with Repco
Here at Repco, we strive to provide you with the best when it comes to servicing parts for your vehicle. Select the correct parts for your vehicle under the one roof, either online or via the phone. Find the right belt tensioner today, simply provide your vehicle details online or in-store, and you will be able to find which tensioner fits your vehicle in no time.
With our fast-growing technology, check out online faster, with filter sort pages, store location finder and a vast range of products, you will have your car on the road in no time.